Monday 17 March 2014

Shakira explains what 'Hips don't lie' means


Shakira has finally revealed the meaning behind some of her most iconic and bizarre lyrics.

In 2006 the Colombian singer teamed up with Wyclef Jean for Hips Don’t Lie, a catchy song that didn’t really make sense to many people.

Until now.

“The reason why I named that song that is because, when I’m in the studio, I know when a song is ready and it can be taken out of the oven, and it’s exactly when my hips start moving,” Shakira told Women’s Health magazine.

Hips don't lie

“When my body reacts physically to a song, I know, if it’s a dance song, that song is done. So I used to say to my musicians, ‘my hips don’t lie! Are they moving? They’re not moving! So this is not ready.’ And that’s how I came up with it, the idea of the song.”


Standby for more wacky lyrics when Shakira releases her new album on March 25.

0 comments:

Post a Comment