Thursday 13 March 2014

Why I cut my dreadlocks - Ruud Gullit


Ruud Gullit was the cynosure of all eyes Thursday at the Eko Hotels during the unveiling of the Heneiken Champions League trophy to the media.  He was looking smart but his trademark dreadlocks  made him look strange.  He was asked about life without  his identity.



He smiled and said that he needed to close the books on the Ruud Gullit that on the field and a Ruud Gullit that was  no longer playing.

‘’It’s not been easy without the locks but I needed to carve a different image different from when I was playing.  I’ve lived 14 years without my trademark locks. At times, it makes it difficult for people to recognize me. It is indeed good as the book on Ruud Gullit with the dreadlocks has been closed for an entirely different life outside the pitch”, he said to a thunderous applause.


0 comments:

Post a Comment