Monday 29 April 2013

He wants to kill me – Senator Etok says Gov. Akpabio is too desperate for the Senate


aloysious etok

The political battle currently on-going between Akwa Ibom State Governor, Godswill Akpabio, and the man he hopes to unseat in the senate in 2015, Senator Aloysius Etok, took a rather dramatic turn over the weekend when the embattled senator alleged plots by the governor to assassinate him within a week for daring to insist on retaining his senatorial seat.
Senator Etok who briefed newsmen said he has been receiving text messages he believes are from agents of the governor threatening him to withdraw his statement of intention to contest in 2015 or face dire consequences after seven days.
In his words: “I want the governor to tell Nigerians and the international community if there is anything wrong in any man aspiring to contest for an office”
“Is that enough for the governor to instruct the council chairmen to say that if I don’t withdraw from the contest, that they will recall me? He asked the state of assembly to pass resolution that they will recall me, to the extent that members of the house of assembly came on television to insult and malign me.”
“Not only that, the governor has now loosened his hit squad, including what I have on this phone, some text messages that if I don’t retract the statement that I will contest election, after seven days, I will see what they will do.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment