Saturday 20 April 2013

Boko Haram Committee: Hakeem Baba-Ahmed Says He is Not Under Pressure

Hakeem Baba Hamed
Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, who was nominated to serve in the proposed amnesty committee by President Goodluck Jonathan, has dispelled reports he is under pressure to serve on the committee, claiming instead.
In a comment posted today on his Facebook page, Dr. Baba-Ahmed said that that he is merely “consulting,” in the course of choosing the right course of action, and that he is ready to die for what is good for the community.
"The story that I am being pressurized to withdraw from the Dialogue and Reconciliation is untrue am still consulting, but I have not declined to serve,” he said. “This is a very serious and sensitive issue that needs to be handled with responsibility, and a lot of consultations will be useful.”
He further said that what will ultimately influence his decision will be what he thinks is in the best interest of others, rather than himself, and something he can live with.
“If my decision results in my death, I pray that I will die with my Iman intact, in the service of Allah and my fellow citizens,” he wrote.  “I am no hero, but I will not be afraid to do what I believe is right.  Allahu Ya Alam. Thank you for your prayers and concerns."

0 comments:

Post a Comment